Guests and Guest Hosts on Bill Wattenburg’s show
There haven’t been many, because almost all of the guests are the listeners,
and that’s the way Bill likes it. But occasionally, if he gets riled up enough
about something, he’ll invite someone to join him.
- Former news anchor on KTVU Television (Channel 2 in the SF Bay Area), and
now a weekend host on KGO’s sister station, KSFO, which means she probably
won’t be stepping in as a KGO guest-host any longer.
- Gene Rusco
- KGO’s former South Bay news reporter used to fill in for Bill, and has
been the only fill-in that shares many of the same viewpoints as Bill, and is
also one of the few who keeps the spirit of his show alive, taking lots of
calls from the audience instead of spouting off in an endless monologue. I
really which KGO would let him return to the airwaves as a talk-show
host. But having left radio, he’s now
traveling cross-country via
- James Gabbert
- James was the previous co-owner of TV20 in the SF Bay Area, and has been
involved in Bay Area radio for many decades.
- Christine Craft
- An occasional fill-in host on KGO radio, Bill has a cute nick-name for
her: “The Crafty One”.
- Clint Eastwood and Richard Schick (January 5th, 1997)
- Bill Interviewed Clint and the author of his biography, and took many
calls from the audience.
- Edward Teller
- Dr. Teller was a professor of Bill’s when he was at UC Berkeley, and the
two seem to be lifelong friends now.
- Congressman Don Young (R-Alaska)
- Bill has invited him on to talk about environmental issues on a few
(I know I’m missing some, but those are the only ones I can recall—let
me know if you recall of others.)
This page was last modified on .